Are These the Worst of Times? (Prerecorded Video)Chase Untermeyer
It may feel as though we are in one of the most tumultuous times in our history what with a continuing pandemic, an embarrassing withdrawal from Afghanistan, and the assault last year on the Capitol - to name just a few. But perhaps not! To ponder why, we will travel back through almost 240 years of American history and revisit several occasions that Ambassador Untermeyer contend were worse – indeed, far worse – than anything we face today. Yet the United States surmounted many and became a better nation. He will consider slavery, Jim Crow segregation, labor strife, anti-Catholicism, the assassinations and urban unrest of 1968, and more. Untermeyer points out both the perils and benefits arising from the fact Americans don’t know (or quickly move on from) their own history. And he has some concrete recommendations how we can make our times better.
How do I access the video I purchased from the WIH Video Library?
• Log into your WIH account.
• Click on “Hello (name)” in the top right corner of your screen.
• Choose “My Courses.”
• Click on the course title. A new window will open that says “Course Content” with the class title underneath.
• Click on the title once more to open the video window.
• Press the play button in the middle and enjoy!
*This video will expire on February 29, 2024
Price is per student. Class tuition is non-refundable.