The Russian Invasion of Ukraine: Why? (Prerecorded Video)Peter C. Caldwell, Ph.D.
Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, along with the open threat of nuclear war, was both predictable and at the same time a shock. In this special lecture, Professor Carl Caldwell describes the Putin regime’s official reasons for starting the war, and takes a deeper look at four explanations for the war: Russia’s claim of a natural unity with Ukraine; the role of the post-1991 solution to the end of the Soviet Union, including the expansion of NATO, in creating distrust; the place that the authoritarian and corrupt economic and political system in Russia contributes to Putin’s style of leadership, and the ideological currents that seem to be guiding Russian decision-making.
How do I access the video I purchased from the WIH Video Library?
• Log into your WIH account.
• Click on “Hello (name)” in the top right corner of your screen.
• Choose “My Courses.”
• Click on the course title. A new window will open that says “Course Content” with the class title underneath.
• Click on the title once more to open the video window.
• Press the play button in the middle and enjoy!
*This video will expire on December 31, 2023
Price is per student. Class tuition is non-refundable.