Israel and Palestine (6 Week Course)
The slender strip of land between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River seems to be the most prized possession of both the modern and ancient worlds. No area has been trod by so many varied footsteps nor watered by so much bloodshed. Students will learn about the many inhabitants of this land, their political and religious histories and the many conflicts, which culminate in today’s Israeli/Palestinian difficulties. We will discuss the political leaders and factions who have shaped Israeli and Palestinian passions, the influence of neighbors such as Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Turkey; U.S., Russian and Iranian influence in the area, and the prolonged Israeli political process that still struggles to settle on a new government.
Live Zoom Webinar with Q&A.
6 Week Class Schedule
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM | The Ancient Land: Who Lives Here?
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM | Modern Israel: The Beginning
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM | The Israeli State
- Thursday, February 04, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM | Peace?
- Thursday, February 11, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM | Israeli Politics vs. Palestinian Politics
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM | Israel and Palestine Today
Price is per student. Class tuition is non-refundable.