What Darwin Didn’t Know (Prerecorded Video)Scott Solomon, Ph.D.
Writing the final pages of his masterpiece, The Origin of Species, Charles Darwin looked ahead to the work yet to be done on his groundbreaking theory of evolution by natural selection. "In the distant future," he predicted, "I see open fields for far more important researches." How right he was! In the more than a century and a half since Origin was published in 1859, evolution has emerged as the fundamental concept in all of biology, explaining Earth's endlessly diverse organisms while spawning new disciplines such as evolutionary genetics, molecular evolution, and evolutionary medicine. The tremendous progress in the fields that emerged from his original theories would have astounded even Darwin, who did not live to see developments.
In this lecture, evolutionary biologist Dr. Scott Solomon will share a fascinating overview of the many ways that our understanding of evolution has changed since Darwin's lifetime.
How do I access the video I purchased from the WIH Video Library?
• Log into your WIH account.
• Click on “Hello (name)” in the top right corner of your screen.
• Choose “My Courses.”
• Click on the course title. A new window will open that says “Course Content” with the class title underneath.
• Click on the title once more to open the video window.
• Press the play button in the middle and enjoy!
*This recording will expire on December 31, 2023
Price is per student. Class tuition is non-refundable.